Monday, May 30, 2011

Another Day

The food here is, how shall I say, diverse.  Some of my friends and/or relatives, and you know who you are, would literally starve here. No, wait!  I saw a Subway sandwich shop down the street!  Saved.  My room is very nice, in the Asian style, small, tasteful, but somewhat sparse.  The shower gave me a little bit of trouble though - I coundn't find the shower head.  So, like an idiot, stooping over in the tub, I turned on the water, only to realize too late that the shower head was on the ceiling.  Nothing like a suprised cold shower!  I met my fellow instructors down here yesterday.  Two are from Thailand (I have difficulty understanding them), and one is from Scotland (completely unintelligible, but entertaining with lots of stories - he flew C-130's and even participated in the Faulklands War back in 1982).  I'll be teaching Chinese students who speak very little English and my Mandarin is ..... rusty!  Oh yes, and I can't hear very well.  Should be an interesting month!  Tomorrow is my first simulater session.  I'm excited.........  Hi to all!   Singapore Ted 

3 comments:

  1. HI Ted,

    This is my 2nd attempt to post a comment. Sharon was able to fix my problem! Hopefully you will be able to explore more than your room. And who knew that you knew Mandarin. Here in Belleville mandarins are oranges in a can that the grandkids like to eat. Keep us posted. Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted, this post is from Les;Remember we have good relations with the Chinese govt so we don’t want anything to interfere with that. I have offered to help Sharon with the grass and stuff. I had to tell her what kind of gas to put in the lawn mower. Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAD!!!
    Keep the posts coming!-- Singapore sounds great (apart from the 'diverse' food, sparse room and overhead shower of course :) I hope your sessions are going well so far! Love you and miss you!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete